Friday 15 March 2019

Fwd: Slow, imperfect progress is better than none at all (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on perfectionism, boundaries, fitting in, and more
 
 
Free wallpapers and more at the Tiny Buddha store. Browse now!
 
Slow, Imperfect Progress Is Better Than None at All

"When perfectionism is driving, shame is riding shotgun, and fear is that annoying backseat driver." Brené Brown

Sometimes I feel like the girl who cried film.

I first wrote a blog post introducing Tiny Buddha Productions three years ago, and …

The post Slow, Imperfect Progress Is Better Than None at All appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

My Needs Matter Too: How I Started Speaking Up and Setting Boundaries

"Setting boundaries is a way of caring for myself. It doesn't make me mean, selfish, or uncaring just because I don't do things your way. I care about me, too." ~Christine Morgan

In my early twenties, I could shout into …

The post My Needs Matter Too: How I Started Speaking Up and Setting Boundaries appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Accepting My Autistic Self: Why I'm Done Trying to Fit In

"I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself." ~Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

A common misconception about autistic people is that we don't care if we're …

The post Accepting My Autistic Self: Why I'm Done Trying to Fit In appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

When Expectations Hurt: How I've Forgiven My Absentee Father and Healed

"What will mess you up most in life is the picture in your head of how it's supposed to be." ~Unknown

I may have said a few words that hurt my father's feelings, but…

See, here's the backstory.

I'm thirty-four …

The post When Expectations Hurt: How I've Forgiven My Absentee Father and Healed appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive